CURRENTLY FULLY BOOKED FOR 2016,
FULLY BOOKED MAY, JUNE AND JULY 2017 WITH LIMITED SPACES FOR REMAINDER OF 2017
How do I contact you?
Email is the best method of communication to: email@example.com
There is also a “CONTACT ME” page on the website where you can submit an order or quote request.
What information do I need to supply to place an order or request a quote?
- Date of your event
- How many people you will need to serve
- Occasion/nature of your event (wedding, birthday, christening, etc.)
- Event location, delivery address and time or pick up date and time
- Best contact phone number
- Email address
- Any ideas of what kind of cake design you are looking for
How does the Design Process work?
The following factors need to be shared to help with the design process:
- Your budget – most budgets can be catered for, taking into consideration that even the simplest of cakes takes up to 10 hours of work. The quality ingredients used also affect the overall cost.
- Preferred cake shape – whether round, square, carved 3D cake or cupcakes or a combination.
- Number of guests – this determines whether multiple tiers are required.
- Serving portion – whether the cake is for ‘coffee serve’ or ‘dessert serve’. See our “Portion Guide” for more info.
- Inspirational sources used for your event, such as colours, theme or pictures you have found.
- Venue – indoors, air-conditioning available, out doors/marquee etc.
- Would you like a cake topper or sugar flowers?
- Would you like fresh flowers? – fresh flowers on your cake can be arranged. If you have your own florist I will need their contact details so that I can liaise with them. If you don’t have a preferred florist I will use my own contacts.
Once all information has been received, a few sketches will be drawn for you to choose from.
How do I secure the date?
A 50% deposit is required to secure the date. If you would like to secure the date but do not have a finalised quote yet, you may pay a $100 deposit to secure your date. Orders are booked on a first come, first paid basis. The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable to another date or another person.
When do I have to make final payment?
Balance is due a minimum of 2 weeks prior to delivery/pick up date.
What if I need to cancel my order?
Unfortunately any cancellations prior to the event will forfeit all deposits and payments.
I have dietary restrictions. Can you help?
Unfortunately I am not able to guarantee that my cakes do not have nuts, eggs, gluten etc. and as a result do not handle customers with allergy requests. All cakes and cupcakes contain sugar and are therefore unsuitable for diabetes.
Do you deliver?
Yes I deliver to most suburbs in Townsville. Please let me know if you would like me to set up the cake/cupcakes at the venue. A delivery and set up fee will be included in the quote, if requested.
Areas further out of Townsville will be calculated by the “round trip” distance and time involved.
How do I store my order once picked up or delivered?
Any cupcakes or cakes that are covered in fondant or have fondant decorations will need to be stored in an air-conditioned room away from sunlight, moisture and heat sources (e.g. kitchen). Fondant cannot be stored in the fridge as the condensation can make the colors run, can become sticky which can ruin the design of the cake. Cupcakes or cakes that are only covered in buttercream can be refrigerated. They may only be displayed in air-conditioned venues and are not recommended for hot or humid climates and cannot be displayed in marquees or outside venues.
If you are unsure of the storage requirements for your cake, please let me know and I will provide specific instructions for you.
All cakes are prepared fresh for your order, so any left overs can be wrapped in cling-film and kept in the fridge for 3-7 days depending on flavour. If you wish to freeze any leftovers, remove any decorations you would like to keep, cut into individual serves, then double wrap in cling film and foil. I recommend placing in a plastic container in the freezer so cake is not squashed while freezing. Defrost in the fridge 1 day prior to eating.
Can I keep my sugar flowers and figurines? If so how do I store them?
Sugar flowers and figurines should not be refrigerated or frozen. They can be stored wrapped in tissue paper and placed in a small cardboard box with a few sachets of silica crystals. They will keep indefinitely, if kept away from insects, moisture, heat and sunlight. If your figurine comes with a spike or pick, these can be cut off or pushed into a Styrofoam block before storage. Keep in mind Townsville can get very hot so storage is not always an option. Photos will certainly last longer.
Is there any other information you think I should know to assist in my order request?
- 3D sculpted cakes are only available in mud cake due to the strength of a cake required for carving.
- Fondant covered cakes can only be combined with couverture chocolate ganache as icing choice. See “Menu” for flavours.
- Buttercream and Italian Meringue Buttercream icings are available with fresh flower cakes and cupcakes but not with fondant covered cakes. Please keep in mind, this type of icing is not a viable option for marquees or during the hot and humid months of the year. Buttercream must be kept cool and displayed in air-conditioning only.